Two terms widely used in clothing and bedding industry, what is actually the difference? Each item described by those terms have a different purpose and produce different types of products. Both are fashionable as well as decorative but there are differences.
Polyester clothing tends to be slippery and almost silky to touch and the fibers can be woven or knitted to create the fabric, although knitted maximizes its flexibility.
Satin finishes have a beautiful luster that is often described as appearing velvety. Satin is slightly less lustrous than semi-gloss, and can appear to be both flat and glossy, depending on the lighting in the room.
Polyester is often used in pants, shirts, suits, and bed sheets either by itself or as a blend, because of its wrinkle-resistant property and its ability to retain its shape.
Satin is more than just a soft, shiny fabric often used for bedsheets.. A satin weave can comprise many types of fabrics.
|Usually a cost-effective sheet option, polyester sheets drape well over the body making for a comfortable night’s sleep. Even still, polyester sheets will not be as breathable as sheets made from a natural fabric like cotton or satin. Polyester is highly durable and easy to launder.
The cost of satin largely depends on what it is made of. If satin is made from polyester or another synthetic fabric, it won’t be too expensive, although it may cost a little more than polyester just because of how it is made.
- Polyester bedding is harsh on the skin and can cause rashes.
- Formaldehyde in Polyester latter have been linked to problems such as liver toxicity, immune system alterations and development changes.
- Satin bedding supports healthy skin and hair while you sleep.
- The material is going to boost your beauty game more than more traditional bedding materials (ahem, cotton).
- helps to reduce bedhead, hair breakage, fine lines and wrinkles and dull, dry skin.
What should you choose?
Satin makes it to bedrooms due to its health benefits that it brings in as well as the feel of the material which makes the sleep more comfortable. Its also a softer material compared to the rest. While Polyester makes it to the bedrooms due to it being less expensive as well as fast drying.